The Bell Tower Community Cafe is looking to hire a new volunteer coordinator. If you are interested, please submit your resume and cover letter to Meaghan Pauls at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do you know someone who might be interested? Please help spread the word and share this job posting.
As the volunteer coordinator, you will manage a team of 20 – 30 volunteers to facilitate the many activities at the Bell Tower Community Cafe every second Friday evening. You will work with volunteers to serve a free community meal (or BBQ during the summer months) with live music, coffee, and distribute approximately 50 food hampers plus additional walk-in hampers. Prior to the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, we also offered rides home to many folks who needed assistance getting their food hamper home and opened a small low-cost grocery, though these activities are currently on hold. Since COVID-19, we have started a food hamper delivery service where volunteers deliver food hampers to nearby community members in need of assistance to get their food hamper to their home. In many ways and with many volunteers, the Bell Tower aims to be a community space, to share a meal with friends, and to create a more food-secure Winnipeg.
As the Volunteer Coordinator, you will be responsible for:
- Planning, preparing, and organizing the distribution of the food hampers (including unloading food from the Harvest delivery and sorting food)
- Liaising between Harvest Manitoba and the Bell Tower
- Scheduling, managing, training, and recruiting volunteers for all roles
- Scheduling, managing, and recruiting musicians
- Planning for and preparing select items for the community meal (food is donated and purchased from Food Fare)
- Coordinating setup and cleanup of the entire event
- Facilitating and managing social media updates and events (Facebook and Instagram)
- Supporting fundraising initiatives
- Available every second Friday from 2:30 – 8:30 pm
- Self-directed planning time for a total of 20 hours/month (including every second Friday)
- Ability to lift approximately 30 – 40 pounds
- Must have access to cell phone, computer, and wifi
- Food safe certificate is an asset, but not required
Preparation for the Bell Tower begins at 2:30 pm every second Friday, with doors opening at approximately 5:30 PM and the meal served starting at 6:30 pm. This position is a part-time role that is paid for approximately 20 hours per month.
We are looking for a coordinator who is:
- passionate about community-building
- values relationship building
- interested in creating a more food-secure Winnipeg
- a strong leader and able to delegate
- well-organized to facilitate a large community event
Interested applicants are asked to reach out to Meaghan Pauls, email@example.com with your resume and cover letter by August 21, 2022. We would love to learn more about you and why you are interested in being the Volunteer Coordinator of the Bell Tower Community Cafe.